Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cricut DesignStudio Demystified

If you have a Cricut machine, and the DesignStudio software for it you know how wonderful they are, but sometimes the software gets in the way of your project. Even if your computer savvy, you need to have some of the process demystified for you.
 
I know I often run into something that I want to do, and can't find it in the manual that comes with the DesignStudio. All you get there is information on how to set it up and how to use basic functions.
 
I often find myself having trouble getting the ideas in my head to actually come out in perfectly cut patterns. The manual is really lacking in the "How Do I's" for many of my questions. It really slows down the creative process when you run into one of those times when you need to know "How Do I" do something, like weld a couple of pieces together, or manipulating a letter or image to the exact shape I need for my project.
 
Having to search the web, or ask friends how they would do it is one way, but forces me to set aside my project while i find the answer to my questions. Trial and error is another way to go, but that can get costly wasting materials, not to mention the time and frustration involved.
 
It would be nice to have my own private teacher by my side, at my beck and call for all my projects, but that's not economically feasible. As much as I'd like to, I can't afford to hire a private tutor to watch over my every move and provide helpful suggestions.
 
Another option would be an eBook perhaps, or a video tutorial. They are usually low in cost, and depending on the source, a good value and a great help, or kind of useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment