Monday, September 27, 2010

ten books to read to children daily

Recently I asked my friends and family for some advice. I asked her to read my ideas for books to my son. He has three and a half years, and loves to read. A lot. As a former English teacher, you might think that I would be enthusiastic about his love for literature, and I am. What we are not enthusiastic about the rally is pointless collection of Titanic in the library. The bookshelves are filled with boring texts so frustrating for children, which is almost impossible to findThe pearls of the few. Scan the list below is known for their generous suggestions and comments from parents when, as I managed to get some gems culled from library shelves crowded.

Title: I can do it alone

Publisher: Western Publishing Company, a golden book Sturdy
I think all parents can relate to these words heard. If you have not heard, and soon. My super cool aunt raves about this book. She says she was one of our favorites when we were kids, and nowshe reads it to our children. It 'really easy to read and beautifully illustrated.

2. Title: Amazing Grace

Author: Mary Hoffman and Caroline Binche

Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
will this story of acceptance and trust is a child, playing with Peter Pan in her school play. One of his classmates said he could not because of their skin color. The child shall then take her grandmother on a journey and shows them the first African-American firstDancer in Swan Lake.

3. Title: Where The Sidewalk Ends

Author: Shel Silverstein

Publisher: HarperCollins
One of my best friends loves this book, "Emma and I love this book. I can still to this day, shaking the whole poem, Sick (two pager), because it is so moving, witty and lyrical. And now I'm Emma Ickle Me Me Pickle song through, Tickle Me Too. I like something I loved as a child has taken. "
I can vouch for the successthis book in our house. Also, I loved this book as a child, and I partially credit Silverstein with my love for writing and reading poetry.

4. Title: Miss Spider's Tea Party

Author and illustrator David Kirk

Publisher: Scholastic
These books are known for their incredibly vivid and vibrant illustrations. Each page is a work of art. But it is also a story of letting go of preconceived ideas about people (and spiders).

5. Title: love,Dog

Author: Sharon Creech

Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
This is another great poem from this book. I love it, love it for my son, I loved the poem when I taught, my students. This is a guy named Jack, who studies poetry, trying his inspiration, he succeeded in his dog, Sky found.

6. Title: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Author: Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault

Illustrator: LoisEhlert

Publisher: Little Simon
I must add that today, right when I took my son from school, a large percentage of children tight circle around their teacher, who read the book, which had been happy - Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. This book provides a break from the monotony of most ABC books.

7. Title: Barnyard Dance

Author: Sandra Boynton

Publisher: Workman Publishing
This book was a friend of mine, a mother is recommendedand a writer, so she knows her stuff. "We have a jolly good time sing-songing this lively board book rhyme. Elizabeth is six years old and we still love, and now she reads it anyway!" Another book by Sandra Boynton, is that we love our staff in house Penguin.

8. Title: Goodnight Moon

Author: Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Hurd

Publisher: HarperCollins
A classic. This was on my list is safe and has been for almost all parents who responded to my guaranteedRequest for ideas. We have this book in Spanish, too, and we have so many times that it really matter which version you read more, Xander knows so well.

9. Title: Toy Boat

Author: Randall de Seve and Loren Long

Publisher: Philomel Books
This is a new book, I think to be a classic. It 's a great story on a small boat, which is separated from her child. The small boat is at first enthusiastic about his new freedom in the great sailYou see, but soon met many great (and some creepy) boats to caution him, "Move!" This is a new variant of the old big boy / boy stories where finally survived the little boy (er, boat) meetings with the larger (boats) and back home safely. Each page is the home of glossy pictures and fancy vivid.

10. Title: Where the Wild Things Are

Author: Maurice Sendak and Illustrator

Publisher: HarperCollins

How could I forget this classic? Iused for this love story, and is now one of my favorite child. We read for about two years now, and he saved every page, but we all still love the story of the boy with the imagination. If you have forgotten this, it's time to go to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment